Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Help Me with the Seasonal Clothing Switch!

Is there any way to simplify this task for a family of 6? I am bombarded by clothes! My boys continue to wear shorts and t-shirts around the house all through the winter (no, my thermostat is not too high-I usually am wearing a scarf). Point being-I don't put those away.

I try to purge but I'm still overwhelmed. I'm giving myself a deadline, here. The kids are anxious to bust out Halloween but I refuse until the regular clothing switch is finished. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

No posting on this blog-I haven't been actively simplifying.

4 comments:

Hannah Phillips said...

Why don't we go on a huge shopping spree and trash all the old clothes? Sounds good to me!

:)

Beth said...

Even if I had the money that thought is NAUSEATING! Who's raising you?

Cheryl said...

I read this post http://www.minimalistmoms.com/how-to-minimize-your-childs-wardrobe/
before yours, but it doesn't say much that we don't already know. I started this in September and still haven't finished. I do one person at a time. This is the hard time when fall and summer clothes are out together. So messy. I'm starting to take away the summer and leave just one warm weather outfit. I bought my dd 4 some leggings and my ds 9 some pants. Dd 8 needs pants desperately, but a bag of hand-me-downs is on the way. It seems it would be easier to just buy new clothes and be done with it, but it's not in the budget. I'm kind of rambling, but I'm getting motivated to finally finish this up. Maybe I'll post about it when I do.

Beth said...

Cheryl,

I will definitely check out that post because even though I've heard it all before-those types of articles still inspire me to approach the piles UGH! I'm trying to look at it in terms of God's abundance and blessing.