Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bookshelf Upate

I attended our local homeschool conference and curriculum fair. I didn't even peek at the used book sale-except to see if any of my unsold books were lying around. I took about 4 boxes of books (mostly 1 and 2 dollars-priced to sell) and made 50$! I'd say it was about 2 hours total worth of time marking them and hauling them and standing in line for the check. The people running the sale were very organized. Teenagers were helping unload and then put the books on the appropriate tables. I dropped the books off and filled out a registration form.  They did a lot more work for their 20% than I did for my 80%. A few of the things that didn't sell were books I'd be more likely to sell on Half.com anyway. I'll take a big pile to the library sale so it all was good.

As for new books...I needed math for 2 of the kids and I bought 2 other problem solving booklets for 3$ each. I got rid of about 3 boxes of books altogether.

No comments: