Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Using What I Have-CD's



The idea of using the things in my pantry and freezer is working great. If I were more organized, I'd know how much I've saved. I wrote a whole post listing my menu and what I had on hand and the few things I bought to give you an idea of how it was working.

In the process of clearing a cabinet to get rid of this, I've been forced to organize our CD collection. It made me realize that I NEVER listen to my CDs. I used to listen to my music all the time. I know Mark did. He loves music and we love listening to music together. I know lots of moms have music in the background all the time. They've been proactive about sharing their music with their children and I have to admit, I haven't been that good about it. Mostly because I just got out of the habit of listening to music because I think I prefer quiet. But I know that music is so important to overall well-being. I don't have data to back it up but I'd bet that listening to music is good for your health. I know it's good for the soul. I just bet it releases good chemicals. Don't quote me on that, though, it's just a guess.

So, I am resolving to USE my current CD collection. Sounds simple enough, right? I may even get in there and purge some! Have I told you how much I love to PURGE?

OK, now for the fun part....what music did you listen to before you got married? I loved Natalie Merchant, Elton John, Seal, UB40, Eric Clapton, Bruce (of course-who doesn't love the Boss?), R.E.M., Dave Mathews Band, Fine Young Cannibals, Billy Joel, The Allman Brothers, Bob Marley. I didn't listen to country until I met Mark, now I love Kenny Chesney and The Zac Brown Band and will listen to them when I turn music on. (I have no idea why I asked a Q since nobody reads this blog-oh well).

No comments: